Since last week’s recap of fuckery went over so well I’ve decided that I’ll attempt to make this a weekly thing. So welcome everyone to “This Week In Fuckery” for the week of September 20 - 27th. Now let’s relive the horror!
- New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez (R) requires women seeking childcare assistance to prove they were “forcibly raped.”
- Hugo Schwyzer, the male feminist who mansplained attempting to kill and rape a woman, wrote an article for Jezebel in which he offers up five tips for the mansplainers in your life. (Because the perfect person to give tips to mansplainers is another mansplainer, am I right?)
- Stephen Colbert donned brownface in his “Esteban Colberto” skit. His point? I haven’t really figured that out and it really doesn’t matter.
- Someone thought it’d be a great idea to make a horrifically racist graphic of the President.
- A fraudulent voter registration website is making it’s way around the internet.
- Australia’s Channel 7 network has been found guilty by the press regulator of serious violations of the broadcasting code, after screening a report so extreme it was branded ‘Freakshow TV’ by Survival International.
- Mitt Romney doesn’t understand why you can’t roll down the windows on an airplane. (I promise you that’s not from The Onion.)
- Three-fifths of Milwaukee’s black voters have disappeared without a trace.
- Mississippi schools are sending kids to prison for misbehaving in the classroom.
- Walwyn “Smiley” Jackson was shot and killed by police in his home in Queens, NY after his family called 911 to stop him from hurting himself.
- White people believe they are the victims of racism more often than black people.
- The Packers were robbed.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker only supports unions when it comes to football.
- Madonna wants you to vote for Obama because having a “black Muslim in the White House” is some “amazing shit.” (What I find amazing is that this woman still has a career.)
- Voting laws may disenfranchise up to 10 million Latin@ US citizens.
- Senator Scott Brown (R-MA) thinks that he can look at a person and tell if they’re Native American or not.
- Sen. Scott Brown’s staffers do “war whoops” and “tomahawk chops” to taunt Elizabeth Warren.
- Dolce & Gabbana thought it was a great idea to use Blackamoor imagery in their Spring 2013 collection.
- A Texas woman had the Obama/Biden sign in her yard vandalized. The message scrawled on it read, in part “N**GER LOVER! OBAMA SUCKS DICK!”
- A Muslim man asked Wilcoxson’s Ice Cream on Facebook whether or not the gelatin in one of the flavors of their ice cream contained pork. The answer he received as less than accommodating.
Elizabeth Warren Sees Bounce In Massachusetts Senate Poll
Elizabeth Warren is running nearly even with Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) in a poll released Monday, her best showing since late July. The poll, from the Republican-leaning firm Kimball Political Consulting, shows 46 percent of likely voters backing Brown and 45 percent supporting Warren, with 9 percent still undecided. In Kimball’s last poll, conducted August 21, Brown led by 6 points, 49 to 43.