Do you own a cell phone? Don’t live in or near a swing state? Well, you can still be a swinger (no, not that kind). Choose from one of the below Democratic campaigns, spare a few hours over the next couple of days, and call thousands of your friends. You’ve always wanted to do that, right? Perfect!
Remember, you can call until (almost) polls close on the West Coast on Election Day. From my experiences in various Presidential and other political campaigns, last-minute phone calls matter. Some voters just need a little push and encouragement.
Feel free to share the below information with family members, friends and acquaintances. Right click on the date down below (next to my ID) on this comment, then ‘Open Link in New Tab,’ and copy comment link from up top to embed in your emails.
More details in this diary - - Phone Banking Out-of-State Close Races From Your Home When No Online Phone Banking Available! by Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse.
Let’s go win this election on November 6th! Thank you.
Phone Banking Guidelines - Please read this.
Our list is targeted at available resources that allow, for example, Californians to phone bank for close races in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and other battleground states even when online phone banking is not provided by the campaigns. The new tool is remote/virtual phone banking.
Many campaigns don’t have online phone banking like you might have experienced in the past for the Obama-Biden Campaign, which is one click away to a script and list of voters. Please contact the following Democratic campaigns that use a variety of alternative resources including Facebook applications and dedicated software. Volunteers can log on from inside or outside the state or Congressional District. Some campaigns will email PDFs of names and numbers to interested political activists from all over the country. Read the directions carefully for each campaign.
Let’s work hard for the next few days and on to victory on November 6th!
Call out the vote! Sign up to call voters from home for bold progressives like Alan Grayson and Elizabeth Warren between now and election day.
DFA’s Dialer is set up for supporting progressive candidates from your home.
Click onto tab “MAKE CALLS” on the top of page. If registered at site, it will take you to phone banking page that has the script and list of names to call.
If not registered, it asks you to register.
Sign up at the DCCC volunteer page to make calls from home. Complete a short form with your email, first name, and other optional information (last name, city, zip, state, and phone) and then choose the checkbox by “Call voters from home.”
A DCCC staffer will make contact via email to explain the process and to register you. Click this link for more details.
- Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) - Register at her website with name, email address, and password. After you register, you can make phone calls for her from out-of-state, similar to President Obama’s phone banking set up.
- Tim Kaine (D-VA) - Click this link to make phone calls.
- Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) - Contact Lauren Peters at 202-997-6642 or email@example.com and she will set you up for their online phone bank.
- Kyrsten Sinema (AZ-09) - Only option for virtual phone banking is via the DCCC (if Sinema is targeted for their support).
- Ami Bera (CA-07) - Call 916-670-1864 or sign up at this link.
- Jose Hernandez (CA-10) - Email Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to register and login to the system.
- Raul Ruiz (CA-36) - Only option for virtual phone banking is via the DCCC. (if Ruiz is targeted for their support)
- Scott Peters (CA-52) - Contact Kate Lyon at email@example.com or 858-715-1369.
- Elizabeth Esty (CT-05) - Call or email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org to be registered for phone banking Sat 11/3 through Tues 11/6.
- Al Lawson (FL-02) - Email email@example.com and request a PDF with the names and phone numbers of people to call.
- Alan Grayson (FL-09) - Click this link to do phone banking for the campaign. It is called “Call for Grayson.”
- Val Demings (FL-10) - Email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org and request phone lists.
- Patrick Murphy (FL-18) - Go to this link for immediate registration and login to do virtual phone banking.
- Lois Frankel (FL-22) - Click this link to create account.
- Joe Garcia (FL-26) - Email Franco at email@example.com to sign up to make calls starting now through the election and/or for a major DFA call session on Th. Nov. 1. (Spanish speakers are especially welcome)
- Tammy Duckworth (IL-08) - Only option for virtual phone banking is via the DCCC. (if Duckworth is targeted for their support)
- David Gill (IL-13) - Email Meagan at Meagan@gill2012.com.
- Wanda Rohl (IL-16) - Click on this link - http://rohlforcongress.com/… - and choose a county. In the “name” field type in “Daily Kos” and then supply your email as instructed, and someone will get in touch with you.
- David Crooks (IN-08) - Call Matt at 574-807-2576 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gary McDowell (MI-01) - Call Matt at 203-710-9454.
- Mike Obermueller (MN-02) - Call Nathan at 952-239-0531 or email him at email@example.com.
- Jim Graves (MN-06) - Call 320-252-4446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kim Gillan (MT-AL) - Call 406-694-4100 or email email@example.com for a list of names and numbers to contact.
- Ann McLane Kuster (NH-02) - Email John at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-225-3327.
- Shelley Adler (NJ-03) - Email email@example.com or call 856-574-4178.
- Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-01) - Call 505-554-1623.
- Mark Murphy (NY-11) - Email CorinneRoller@gmail.com or call 718-273-0424.
- Sean Patrick Maloney (NY-18) - Follow this link to sign up for calling from home.
- Julian Schreibman (NY-19) - Call Erica at 845-765-9494.
- Pam Gulleson (ND-AL) - Call Luke Quandt at 701-566-7343.
- John Oceguera (NV-03) - Email Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Betty Sue Sutton (OH-16) - Contact Cayti at 440-842-4227 or email@example.com.
- Manan Trivedi (PA-06) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-621-2366.
- George Badey (PA-07) - Call Tim Brown at 484-432-6438 or email him at email@example.com.
- Kathy Boockvar (PA-08) - Call Brian at 267-544-9224; there is a coordinated GOTV dry run with OFA this weekend.
- Eric Stewart (TN-04) - Call 931-548-6831; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or go to this link.
- Suzan DelBene (WA-01) - Email email@example.com for joining the GOTV phone banking, with set days and times.
- Rob Zerban (WI-01) - Go to this link and help defeat Paul Ryan twice!
- Jamie Wall (WI-08) - Call Ben Gardner at 920-737-2971 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our GOTV Blogathon team members are Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse, Onomastic, JekyllnHyde, boatsie, peregrine kate, ShoshannaD, rb137, and adviser Meteor Blades.